Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sundance Breakfast, Second Week

Berries and demerara before creme fraiche


The Sundance Film Festival, Park City

Two weeks is a long time for me not to prepare food. It is as much art to be consumed in that sense as film is. But I don't recall ever receiving any complaint or bad reviews from those visual thinkers to whom I present this offering. (see photo) The best craft service (not my job, man. I'm only sayin' what I like) has "healthy alternatives" and these days it appears that we're all attempting to be more responsible in that area.

When searching for ingredients, I attempt to have some of my own from a kitchen garden because these days I think of how inefficient it is to airlift produce and fruit to markets everywhere when we could have an omlette, steel cut oats or Blake's "Black Powder Biscuits" with marinated, sun-dried tomato and call it a great morning. (This bowl was not from my kitchen garden, but tasted great. Inefficiently produced I admit, but great and it had plenty of antioxidants and potassium).

We are the spoiled children, afterall.

No comments: